Saturday, July 5, 2014

status update 7/4/2014 (mv swydersky and cj parlante)

mv: i'm saving rainwater in my tear ducts and bottling thunder and lightning in my chest cavity to use on a sunny day.

the tornadoes in my lungs are tangling the wires that make up my nervous system. this is what happens when you put your trust in other people.

i put the teeth i've lost underneath my pillow, and when i wake up they are still there. i guess magic and fairy tales have an age restriction, which i've already past.

whatever teeth are left i've filled with ink. same with my tongue. later tonight i am going to write love poems on the inside of your mouth, behind your ears, and over the rest of your body, even though you are not here. your ghost will have to do.

cj: My hands are ink pens and your body is my stationery. the thunderous roars and blinding flashes of light erupting from your core convey my every thought with utter perfection. You are everything I feel and ever wanted to say or write. I'm struck by a bolt of your beauty and we become one. Together, a perfect storm.

mv: together, we take the world hostage with a deadly virus, and make a list of demands: 1. gold 2. a crate of birthday cake oreos 3. a soccer ball 4. that people should stop acting like dicks 5. a fucking time machine. 6. to leave us alone and let us be together. as we step into the time machine, the world tells us how we will never get away with this. what the world doesn't realize is we are going to go to a time where the statue of limitations has passed. and what the world didn't know was that there wasn't any virus in the first place because we made the whole thing up. bonnie and clyde bitch! the best part of all is our friends are finally dead. ah. you. me. and silence. as it stands, we are the oldest people on earth

late at night, i pull my pants down, go on facebook, and put my butt up against the computer screen so people can finger my asshole by liking what i post or poking me. isn't what those functions are for? self-gratification. anal stimulation. pleasure.

i wait for your phone call, because if i don't hear your voice, i'm too scared to fall asleep. there are monsters under my bed. and one day i will have to fight them.

when i looked up at the sky tonight, i connected the stars with a glow-in-dark marker and the picture it made looked exactly like you. so i laid in the grass on my back as the dew is absorbed by my clothes staring at it until the sun rises, and i fall asleep.

cj: Then I looked down at you from the sky and smiled and arranged more constellations for you to look at before you fell asleep. What you didn't realize was that I was singing you a lullaby with the wind and the hoo's of the owls and the chirps of the crickets. Once I heard the labored breathing of your sleep, I entered your dreams with a time machine and the rest is history.

mv: When you entered my dreams, I was at the bottom of the ocean, lying in a graveyard of shipwrecks, covered in a blanket of sand, and surrounded by a crowd of people who all had the styles and personalities of game show hosts. Suits, ties, sequined dresses, and layer upon layer of make-up. They are hungry, and have weighed out the risks, figuring out I'm an easy meal. You're at the surface screaming for me to wake up. I do. You tell me to swim towards the light. Towards you. I kick my legs as hard as possible until they feel like overheated motors in need of water and an oil change. I keep kicking escaping the crowd before their whitened teeth tear into my flesh. I reach the surface and breathe as you pull me into the boat. I collapse from decompression sickness and start to shake. You wrap a towel around my blue body, rub my temples in circular motions with your index fingers, then kiss me on the forehead, and say, "there, there, you're with me now and everything is going to be okay." While biting your lower lip with a worried look on your face as you paddle away towards our new life which is in the direction of the sunset.         

No comments:

Post a Comment