Monday, December 23, 2013

i can't answer your question honestly with a yes or no answer.

i don't know where to put next year
or the year after that.
or the year after that
or the year after that.

i don't know where to put the soil, wildflowers, worms, and multicolored leaves.

i don't know where to put all the unfinished projects, and ideas.

i don't know where to put my daydreams of what i think would make me happy.

i don't know where to put my lack of trying.

i don't know where to put the guilt.

i don't know where to put the friends that i will lose,
or the friends i've already lost,
or the people i have forgotten
or pissed off
or hurt
or made upset.

i don't know where to put the bad parts of me.

i don't know where to put the tears i have shed and collected in a mason jar.

i don't know where to put the nervous breakdowns, and suicidal thoughts.

i don't know where to put my childhood toys— rubber lizards, a broken gameboy, pogs, legos, uno cards, board games, and marbles.

i don't know where to put my baby teeth
or the weight i'm losing.

i don't know where to put the songs that have been stuck in my head.

i don't know where to put all of the old letters from people who said, "i love you."
or the late night long distance phone calls.

i don't know where to put my heart if it is still beating.

i dont know where to put the unspoken words i will never say.

i don't know.

my closet and bedroom drawers are already filled from the last time i cleaned my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment