Sunday, February 9, 2014

i broke my gps and threw it out the window



i drive
late night traffic
with my eyes close
smelling stale coffee
and burnt joints
on the breeze
whipped up
by my breath.

red eyes
heavy and tired,
trying
to make sense
of you
and the dark
storefronts
that are closed
until tomorrow
morning.

dreaming
with my hands
on the steering wheel,
turning left,
then right,
then right,
and left again.

i have a destination
to reach
even though
it seems
like i'm traveling
in circles.

i'm done
wasting miles,
passing real estate
up for sale
and empty driveways
illuminated by
yellow streetlights.

hypnotized by highbeams.
blurred.
in a daze.

there is a picture
of you showing
your teeth
in a green
floral patterned dress
wedged in between
the grey plastic
of the dashboard.

just sit tight,
i'll explain
everything
to you
real soon.

i'm on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment