Monday, May 20, 2013

 

i decided that i am never going to finish my first novella, How Have You Been?, so i decided to post it because i doubt i will ever formally publish it. i wrote it two years ago for my senior project to graduate from burlington college.

it is based on events that took place over my 2010 winter break in wilkes-barre, pennsylvania with people who i don't even talk to anymore minus carrie, my mom, and my grandparents.

i am going to post more of my creative nonfiction pieces and poetry i wrote in college + the pictures i have been drawing recently.

they are mostly of eyeballs and faces and will be for sale.

and finally, i have recently been recieving really kind words about my writing from a couple of people, which has given me the motivation to get back to work on my second novella called The Stings Don't Hurt So Bad When You're Busting Down The Beehive.

i got rejected a month ago and it made me stagnant because im a pussy. i started second guessing myself, stop writing, and sat on the couch every night i got home from work ruining my brain with reality tv shows and infomercials. num and faded.

to those people, and the people who read this blog, thank you for making me want to write again.


especially james, brittany, carrie, ivan, and megan.


i'll keep everyone posted. i'll try not to be a failure.


STAY BRUTAL!

-mv

No comments:

Post a Comment