Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday Afternoon 5/16/13

Smoking a cigarette out my bedroom window at my aunt's house, I saw two girls, late teens or early twenties, in floral sundresses and bug-eyed sunglasses walked down my aunt's driveway and through the backyard to the upper middle class mansion across from my bedroom window.

My aunt lives in a rich people development, where fences, inground swimming pools, decorative shrubs, flowers, and hedges, and yellow "no trespassing" signs guarding private acres of woods are the norm.

It's one of those places where residents wave at you while walking their well groomed dogs, even if you've never met them.

The flowers on bottoms of their dresses swished back and forth with each step like the flags outside a fast food chain, as their flip flops pressed down the freshly manicured grassone of my uncle's favorite hobbies is keeping a pristine front and back lawn, but him and my aunt are currently on vacation. Some cruise to the Caribbean to get away from me, and Wilkes-Barre, or something.

They both started screaming, "OW! OW!" before disappearing into the guest house/garage which is connected to the mansion via covered brick walkway.

I rolled the remaining tobacco out of my cigarette, and watched the cherry tailspin and crash land next to a dandelion.

I closed my window, and thought about calling the cops, but decided to take some xanax and go for a walk in the woods instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment