Sunday, September 29, 2013

You Close Your Eyes Knowing That They Might Not Open So You Stay Up And Sit In A Dark Bedroom Listening To The Sounds Of Your Own Breath.



You taught me to sleep naked.

Anymore, I prefer to go to bed with a hoodie on.

Never falling asleep due to a home movie with you and me projecting onto the white screen embedded in the inside front wall of my skull; neither of us remembers owning a camera.

I'm paranoid of phone calls sucking out whatever's keeping me alive
(you alive inside me)
with a fast food straw so that my corpse will resemble a crushed fountain drink cup that was already finished weeks ago.

But I still believe.

The silence late at night just makes it harder to.



5 comments:

  1. You're writing always paints a picture in my head. It's like a cross between Salinger and Easton Ellis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's some high praise. I'm glad my writing paints a picture in your head. Can you describe what the picture looks like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like someone doesn't have the same feelings you remember and each time you talk it erases what was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lone Coug, will you become my therapist? I think you got me pinned and you always have something wise and insightful to say. Also, are you a lone mountain lion/puma/panther/cougar that has become computer literate and has a hard time relating to other mountain lions/pumas/panthers/cougars because of it? Either way, we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name is a spoof of lone wolf mcquaid. It's a weird way of making fun of a stupid Chuck Norris movie. What you're going through hits home here. I relate to very few people because a lot of them are shit heads.

    ReplyDelete