Wednesday, March 19, 2014



wilkes-barre,

it's all because of me and you.

i am mortally wounded
in the band stand
on public square
covered in bee stings,
missing a chunk of my torso
with my hair singed
by the never ending mine fires,
no amount of heroin can resuscitate me.

in and out of consciousness.

pale.

open wounds.

bleeding out.

my body on display;
this isn't a sacrifice.

i am not a martyr.

there is a black handgun
in a army green holster on my leg
with only one round left
in the clip.

i am left with two options:

i can bury the bullet in my brain.

or shoot you right in the fucking face.

i love you, and i'm sorry,
but we cant live together anymore,
and this break-up is going to be messy.

5 comments:

  1. It's so easy to get carried away in your writing. Conveying feeling through writing seems difficult to me and a lot of the crap I read but it seems like it flows through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lone coug. i don't know, i just try to write something true without trying to make it true. usually it is personal. like showing an emotion or a feeling, instead of telling it. how are you though? i've been thinking about you. i've been going through some shit recently, but your comments or just talking to you always seem to make me feel better. so thank you for that. and just to let you know, i am coming out with two books within the next two months (no bullshit.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and send me some of your writing or art if you want to. i am interested in consuming it. do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't consider myself an artist or a writer. The main interest I have is computer programming/security. Goat.ironshepherd.org for what little I manage to put on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's an artist by the name of Charles Steffen that I think you'll find amusing, I do.

    ReplyDelete