Wednesday, March 19, 2014



"you look like crap."

"thank you. i think i'm just a little down."

i am eating shards of glass
mixed with gummy bears
out of a sandwich bag
for dinner;
i haven't slept in four days,
and my eyes are weathered tombstones
missing names.

staying up late at night,
watching alien close encounters
on tv, as i wait
for my phone to ring.

smoking a cigarette
every hour,
while i let spiders
crawl up my legs
crossing the anatomical terrain
up to my head
where they stick their fangs
in my scalp,
and lay their eggs
in my brain.
bad thoughts
festering in
silence.

my pupils are shot
like warped records
warbling up and down.
i see shadows
out of the corners of my eyes,
and think about dialing
phone numbers for help,
but i don't want to bother anyone
because, unlike me,
most of my friends are busy,
and spend their free time
talking to people they love,
and care about.

so i drink warm milk
laced with holy water,
and don't feel any different
throughout the rest
of the night.

tomorrow, i hope for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment