Tuesday, June 28, 2016

reviews from a homeless junkie part 2:

Review of hanging out with other people:
Sucks. Straight up. It always starts out with the promise of being okay, and maybe, even a fun time, but eventually takes a turn for the worse. This turning point usually happens when other people start talking about their lives. You know, budgeting, relationship problems, parents, what to wear, the ethics of organic lettuce vs regular lettuce, what they hate about their new job, meditation, and the benefits of positive thinking. At this point, I need to be on a substance. At this point, I nod, smile, and agree while using the phrases, “Oh,” “Wow,” “That’s crazy,” “Yeah,” “Totally understand,” “I see where you’re coming from,” and “Interesting,” to seem like I care even though I’m not paying attention. A concerned expression in combination with the phrases above is even more convincing that I am invested in their bullshit. All this work to avoid confrontation is exhausting. And as they talk, using the phrase, “Yeah, I’m going to be roughing it over the next two months on two grand,” I compare their dreams and troubles to my own, and realize they are pussies I will never be able to relate to, and want to curb stop their skulls with my boot. I realize I wish I had xanax. I realize this world is stupid, life is pointless, and I wish I could just be a basic bitch. I realize they’ve never pawned or sold something that they loved with sentimental value. I realize they’ve never pawned or sold something that someone else loved with sentimental value. I realize it’s 12:30, I have a warrant, my car has one headlight, I’m a little drunk, and have a 15 min drive to the closest parking lot I can sleep in for the night. Oh yeah, and waking up with a hangover from hanging out with other people (not alcohol) is the fucking worst. Realizing that yes, last night did actually fucking happen. Which is why I have stopped trying and keep interactions to a minimum. Because if I didn’t I would totally have killed myself by now, which makes me think maybe I should. Shit, who knows?
1 out of 5 stars.

Review of walmart cashier in lane 17 on Sunday June 26,2016 at 9:03 pm:
Cool. Not overly friendly, and didn’t say much which I appreciated. Was patient when I was counting my change out for my purchase. And immediately reached for the hand sanitizer after our transaction and interaction was complete cause I am a dirty sweaty smelly bitch at the moment—smart move. The only negative was him saying, “Have a nice night.” I certainly cannot meet those lofty expectations, sir; I’m sorry.
 3.5 out of 5 stars

Review of the tan teenage girl in the coral pink halter top and dark blue skinny jeans with a fountain drink in one hand, and an iphone in the other walking down the middle of the university mall:
You probably didn’t notice that I thought about how to successfully rob you without getting caught, before realizing you probably don’t even carry cash, just cards. You’re lame.
1.5 out of 5 stars.

Review of the university mall security guard:
You’re cool as fuck for not kicking me out, but I just really wish you wouldn’t say shit like, “Welp, I guess I’ll be seeing you here all day again tomorrow.” Because, yeah you probably will unless you’re off or something, which makes our next interaction even more fucking awkward.
4 out of 5 stars.

Review of bon ton perfume counter workers:
Do you seriously have to check everyone’s bag or purse when they set off the military grade shoplifting alarms? Why does it matter to you ladies if someone is shoplifting? You’re still getting paid, it’s not hurting the bottom line, and they probably are shoplifting for a reason. But even if they weren’t who cares? Well except you. Never seen you catch anyone either, so that shows how good of a job you’re doing. You all suck. Fucking hate you.

0 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. optical loupe is an online store selling fine optics; watches, electronics, radio controlled clocks and jewelry. We have been in operations since 1974. Currently, we only carry a few carefully selected merchandise that our customers have selected as their favorites. However, we are constantly searching the world to locate innovative merchandise.

    Please stay tuned by joining our list to receive special offers; and learn about our latest exciting new products. Your privacy is very important to us; we will not share your information with any third party. Shop with confidence; our site is SSL encrypted for the security of your personal information.

    ReplyDelete